Monday, August 16, 2010

perspective


work has not been the happiest place for me to be these days, so i do my best to focus attention to the things that really matter... family, children, life, God. I am very blessed and try to remind myself daily. kaetlyn is my ultimate cheer leader. she gives me pep talks and helps me stay motivated. one morning on the way to school she and i were talking about my work troubles and this is the conversation that resulted:

me: i can do it. i can overcome, i can win!
k: you can do it mom! you can win the race
me: that's right, yest i can!
k: you can win the race, mom, cuz you're a fast runner!
me: i am a fast runner (chuckle), and i will win!
k: and you will get a trophy!
me: yes i will!
k: and you will give it to me!

another friday after work i asked kaetlyn for a hug cuz i had a hard day. she asked me what's wrong:

me: there's some mean people at mommy's work, they make me upset
k: (giving me a hug) aw mom, do you want me to kill those bad people for me mom
me: (laughing) no baby, everything will be ok... i love you

No comments: